Sunday, June 1, 2014

June 1, 2014

I had a great week this week! I was able to learn a lot. This week we were able to find quite a few more people to teach and they are great! Right now though President wants us to focus on finding less active members. This branch has about 700 members but we cant become a ward because most of them are less active. We are the biggest branch in the mission. They all went less active because they didnt have enough money to get to church. They live in my farthest area. We always have a good turn out on Sunday (about 150 members) but because of all the less active members we cant become a ward. SO... this is where the good news comes in. We are starting a special sacrament out there so they can still attend church and eventually, they will split off and become a branch out there! Im really excited. Its going to be hard because they have all been less active for so long that it might be hard to bring them back, but I think that since it will be closer, they will have more of a desire. So Im really excited. Hopefully it will start next week. On Saturday, we had the baptism of Michelle and Sister Rebato. I was really excited. The elders had four baptisms too. It was a big baptism. A lot of people in white. It was great! The first problem, we didnt have enough baptismal clothes. We share with the ward. So me and Sister Manosig had to travel to Victorias Saturday morning to borrow more clothes. The next problem, President Valero got called in to work and we didnt have a branch presidency member to preside. So the baptism ended up starting two hours late. It was a little crazy but eventually we figured it out and got a branch presidency member there. Then the miracle happened. It was probably the most spiritual baptism Ive attended since I got here. Sister Mercy, our relief society president, gave the talk. She talked about temples. It was clearly for Sister Rebato. Her husband is the one that killed himself last month. Sister Rebato was just crying the whole time but its because she had the spirit with her. I loved Sister Mercys talk. It was perfect and clearly from the spirit. Then they all got baptized and bore their testimonies. It was so great! I could just feel the spirit so strong as they bore their testimony. Sister Rebato has been waiting for this day for a long time and now, it finally came and she was so ready for it. It was the best thing ever. It was just a great week and I really learned a lot. Also, when we were looking for less actives this week, I met the Martinez family. They are so great! They have such strong testimonies and they are actually sealed in the temple! They have such a strong desire to go to church but they live very very far and literally have no money. But yesterday, Brother was able to come! It was so great to see him there! Im really excited to start the special sacrament because they will become the strongest members out there. Also, while out there, I met a girl names Charity. She is 17 years old and not a member. When I met her, I realized how lucky we are to have the gospel in our lives. She is 17 but she already has a live in partner and is pregnant. As I was talking to her, I seriously thought she was Kamryns age. It made me really happy to know the standards we have. Her life isnt very great right now and you can tell she isnt very happy. We are so blessed to have the gospel to teach us so that we can be happy and have a happy family when we are married and more prepared for it. That happens to a lot of girls here and it makes me so sad for them. So Im very grateful I was raised in the gospel with the standards we have. I love you all so much and hope you have a great week! Thank you for all the support and for the love! You are all the best! I love you!

Sister Remund

No comments:

Post a Comment