Sunday, November 9, 2014

Merry Christmas to ME!!!

Haha Merry Christmas to me because I did get my package!!! How did you know? I just got it Saturday. It was actually very nice because the couples drove down to my area just so they could give it to me! I was very happy! Holy cow its probably the biggest package Ive ever seen in my life. I cant believe it. How in the world can I eat that much food before I come home? Haha just kidding. I actually already ate a lot of it. But anyway, enough about that. I had a pretty good week. This area is probably my prettiest area. It seriously is so cool! There are rice fields, sugar cane fields, and the ocean! Its perfect! Unfortunately thats about all I can tell you about it though because I havent actually spent a lot of time in my area yet. We worked on Tuesday and I met a lot of people and it was a great day. But then on Wednesday, Sister Tanes got sick and we couldnt work. Then on Thursday we still couldnt work. Then on Friday we had zone training and after that I went on splits for a couple hours with a ward member because Sister Tanes still couldnt work. Then on Saturday we worked and thats when I saw our really pretty areas but we still only worked a few hours. Then on Sunday Sister Tanes really wasnt feeling well so we couldnt work because we didnt have enough sisters to do splits again. So I spent a lot of time inside this week. This morning we went to the doctor though and they said she just has a fever so its nothing serious. We should be able to work again this week. But I was really happy to be able to leave the house. Anyway, so I cant really tell you about our investigators because I guess we dont have that many. Sister Tanes said we dont have many investigators right now and they arent really progressing so we will work on that. But it was a good week though because I just got to study! I was able to learn a lot this week so it was good. A lot of the things I read this week just talked about how we need to make our will the same as the Fathers will for us. It was really cool. I read this thing about 4 missionaries. Have you read it? Ive heard a lot about it but this was the first time Ive been able to read it. It talks about 4 different types of missionaries. The first 2 are just disobedient. The 3 missionary is obedient and has great success on their mission but they dont like being obedient. They are obedient, but they have other things they would rather be doing. The 4 missionary is the obedient missionary and wants to do what the Father would have them do. They are the only ones who experience real happiness and are completely changed from their mission. It goes into a lot more depth than that but I think you might have read it so I wont talk about it more. I was just really thinking about that this week and how I can become more of the 4 missionary. It was just really good. Then at zone training, they talked about Jesus Christ is the center to everything we do(of course). But I really liked what they said. They read the scripture "let your light so shine before men..." and talked about how Jesus Christ is the light that we hold up. They then related it to being outside at night, if there are a lot of lights on, you cant really see the stars. But if you turn the lights from your house off, you can see the stars. Its like us, if we turn our worldly light off, you can clearly see the light from Jesus Christ which is like looking up at the stars. As we are set up on the hill and turn our worldly light off, you can clearly see the light that comes from Jesus Christ, and that is our light. That is the light that we hold up. Everything we do should be centered on Jesus Christ. Turn your worldly light off and focus on Him. I really liked it. Anyway, I had a great week. I hope you all had a great week! I love you all! Keep reading the scriptures!
Sister Remund
San Enrique bathroom...... My toilet and my shower.




San Enrique!!!

My area is on the beach! Literally, we walk on the beach to get to our investigators house.






Welcome to Narnia! Thats what Sister Tanes calls this bridge.



No comments:

Post a Comment