Sunday, November 23, 2014

Companion #14

Hello my wonderful family!!! I had such a wonderful week with my companion! Her name is Sister Silvano and she is from La Castellana which is part of my zone. She is great! Unfortunately she goes home today so I will be getting a new companion. I dont know who it is yet but she is also a short term missionary. Im not sure how long we will be together, if it will be one week for two, but Im excited! It should be fun! But this past week was great! Sister Silvano is just the nicest person and we had a great time. The work is going pretty good here as well. We are kind of struggling right now to find new investigators and the investigators we have arent really progressing. Im still trying to get to know where everyone is too. I know where all the investigators are but I dont know any of the members in our area so right now Im still trying to get to know them. Its been interesting. Lets just say we spent a lot of time walking this past week trying to find peoples houses. But it was actually really cool this week because I was able to really feel like I was being helped. When I first found out I would get a short term missionary, I was nervous. But then as soon as we were together I didnt even really feel like I was the one working. I dont really know how to describe it but I just felt so much help. It was the coolest thing. The spirit was really with us this week and it made a big difference. It was great! We have a few investigators right now that I really think will do great and progress well. They were supposed to come to church yesterday with our recent convert but none of the recent converts came so the investigator didnt come. We will go visit them tomorrow to see what happened and why they couldnt come. But they will be great. His name is Alex and his son is named Jason. I like them. They are so receptive and are just great. Also, this week we started teaching an old lady named Luciana. Shes really funny. I was telling her the story from the Bible about the 100 sheep and one of them got lost and she said, "maybe he was kidnapped!" And the whole story she was just like "Oh wow!" It was just really funny. But she is so cute and I just love her. We are also teaching a lady named Josetta. Shes good but I think it will be hard. Shes really great though. Shes very active in her church and I think they are the closest religion to us. Literally like everything we talk about is the same. The big difference is the restoration obviously. But shes great and hopefully she will understand the difference. Well, overall it was a great week. I dont have much time today because I have to go to Bacolod to get my new companion. But I love you all! Have a great week!

Sister Remund


My area! Its the beach so we got to watch the sunset on the beach.

Sister Tanes last Sunday.

This was our food every day this last week. All those containers are full of spaghetti.

District meeting. Me and Sister Silvano!


We put up Christmas lights and made them look like a Christmas tree! Our weekly baptism chart was the presents I guess and we hung my stocking too! It was funny though, right after I took the picture, the Christmas lights stopped working. As in they are totally broken now. So we took our tree down. It was sad.

This is our recent converts daughter. Shes so cute!



This is where we get water to wash our clothes. The pump. So anytime I have to wash my clothes I get a good arm workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment