Sunday, November 16, 2014

Companion #13

Hello my wonderful family! I had a pretty good week. We were able to work a little more this week but still not as much as I would have liked. Also, as the subject line says, I am now going to receive companion #13. President called last Monday after we emailed and said that Sister Tanes will be going home. She actually ended up going home this morning. She got a medical release. A few years ago she tore her PCL and I guess its been hurting since she got on her mission so President sent her home to recover. So later today I will get my new companion. I dont know who it is yet. But honestly Im a little nervous. I found out that it will be a short term missionary. So shes not really a missionary. And we will only be together for maybe a week. So next week I will receive a new companion again. But it will be fun! Also, guess what the topic was for one of the sacrament talks yesterday? The real meaning of Christmas. How great is that? Also this past week we had mission tour with Elder Ardern! It was the best thing ever! I really learned a lot! One thing I really liked that Sister Ardern said was that we will never find the time to do things, we have to make the time. I just really liked it. She said there is no resting place on the path called faithfulness. She also talked about how us as missionaries need to act the part, look the part, and be the part. But really it related to all members of the church. Does the was we talk or dress draw attention to us or to Jesus Christ? Does the was we talk or dress represent Jesus Christ? She said you never get a second chance to make a good first impression. Unseen eyes are watching us always. Every missionary or member is judged from what others see us do. We need to always act and be representatives of Jesus Christ in everything we do. I really liked it. Also Elder Ardern shared a verse. We read in Moroni 10:32. Elder Ardern talked about how after everything in the Book of Mormon,  the message is to come unto Christ. It doesnt matter how many times we go through the Book of Mormon, but how much of it goes through us. I really liked it. It was a great meeting. I learned a lot more too. Also there is a girl in my branch that was assigned to serve on Temple Square. It was fun talking to her. She also knows Kortnee Lytle! She met her  before she came home! Anyway, I had a good week. I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Sister Remund



No comments:

Post a Comment