Sunday, October 26, 2014

October 26, 2014

Hello my wonderful family and Merry Christmas!!! Or I guess Happy Halloween for you all! Im glad you all had a wonderful week! I also had a wonderful week! It was great! Victorias baptism was on Saturday and it was the best thing ever!!! I love Victoria! And Brother Joeboy got to baptize her! Have I told you about him? He is best friends with Ivy and Victoria. When I first got to this area, he was less active. But he returned and received the priesthood and Victoria was the first person he has ever baptized! It was just perfect and everything went really well. Victoria was just so happy and it made me so happy! So that was great. Also, I have some really great news!!!!!! Guess what? Aaron stopped drinking coffee!!!! He has now gone one week with now coffee and two weeks without cigarettes! I have seen the biggest change in him and its been the coolest thing. And thats not the only great news. So we have been working on Aarons word of wisdom problems for a long time and he was slowly overcoming them, but a couple weeks ago he said that even if he stops drinking coffee or smoking, hes not sure if he wants to get baptized. So last week we gave him 2 Nephi 31 as his reading assignment. We decided to stop focusing so much on word of wisdom and resolve his concern with baptism. So we came back and he had read chapter 31 and we asked him about what he understood. What he said was just perfect. I dont really know how to translate it correctly, but he said something like, I didnt realize before but I need to be baptized. And so we said, yes brother you do. And then he told us that after he read it, he stopped drinking coffee and it had been a couple days since he had last drank coffee. I then asked him if he wanted to be baptized and of course he said yes. I asked him when he wanted to be baptized and he said Nov 1! It was just perfect because a while ago, me and Sister Maningas had set Nov 1 as our goal for Aaron. We knew he would be ready by then and now he is! He had his interview yesterday and passed and now he is getting baptized this Saturday!!! I couldnt be happier! I really have seen such a big change in Aaron and it just makes me so happy! So his baptism will be this Saturday. Also, did I tell you about Roberto? Brother Bennys dad? Benny is a recent convert and he is the coolest/ strongest member. Well, his dad is just the best and we have been teaching him for a couple weeks and he is just great. Yesterday we taught him about the word of wisdom because a while back Benny told us that he drinks coffee. So we taught word of wisdom and Roberto told us that Benny had already told him about it and stopped drinking coffee a couple weeks ago! Hes pretty old and has some trouble seeing but he is diligent in reading the Book of Mormon and is doing so good! Im so excited for him! His baptism will be on Nov 8. Hes really excited and so are we. He is the best! Also, of course, you saw the pictures from zone conference this week and let me just say, it was the best! I love having training with President Lopez. One thing that I really loved that he talked about was faith. Did you know, our mission had 590 baptisms in the month of September? How crazy is that! He just tied everything back into faith. It was really good. One things he said though that I loved is that while we are on our missions, we should never experience fear because we are always walking by faith. When things are easy, we dont do it. The difficult things in our mission are what increase our faith and show the level of faith that we have. He talked about a lot of other really great stuff too but I just loved what he said about faith. I cant even explain it to you. It was just great and I just really want to have greater faith in Jesus Christ. Thats one of the things I learned this week. So anyway, it was a great week. Things are going good right now. I hope you all have a great week! I love you all so much! Keep studying PMG and reading from the Book of Mormon every night as a family!! I love you!!!

Sister Remund

After Victoria's baptism.


Our FHE last Monday

Me and Victoria.

Me and Jane



No comments:

Post a Comment