Sunday, October 12, 2014

October 12

Well I had a pretty great week! It was full of lots of learning and humbling experiences. I realized a lot this week and I have been trying hard to change and improve. I will start with last Monday. After we went home, I read an article in a book that President gave to us. Its called Mental Toughness by M. Russell Ballard. Its really good. I learned a lot. He talked a lot about the difference between successful missionaries and others who dont have as much success. He talked about missionaries who are constantly working hard and making the most of their situation. I really liked it and learned a lot. He talks about a lot more but... yeah. I really liked what he said though, he said "success does not depend on the message but on the messenger." Every missionary in the world is teaching about the same message, it depends on how they teach it and the spirit that they bring if they will be successful. That is one thing Ive been thinking a lot about this week, my teaching skills. I will talk more about that later. So that was great though. Then on Thursday, we had our zone training and it was great. I learned a lot. The best though was after, I got to go on exchanges with Sister Smith! My MTC companion!!! It was seriously they best! It was so cool to see how much she has changed and how our teaching has changed since the MTC. We had no idea what we were doing in the MTC but on Thursday, it was so great! I felt the spirit so strongly the entire day and I had a blast! And guess what? Her companion is Sister Piula! Also from my district in the MTC! It was so great! I loved it! I love them. I love being able to see a change in them. And it was great because I got to go back to Silay! I wasnt in my area, but it was still the same city so I loved it. Also, on Thursday before zone training, I saw Jane! Remember her? My best friend from Magsungay? Well I finally got to see her! And she attended General Conference at my stake center so I got to see her Saturday and Sunday too. Then she worked with us. It was great. Then Friday was an okay day and then Saturday was General Conference!!! I loved it! Saturday and Sunday were just the best! I really learned a lot. I feel like thats all I keep saying in this email but its true. I learned so much this week. One thing I learned though, that I mentioned earlier, is my teaching skills. Ive been thinking a lot about it this week and I realized that I need to be better. I feel like lately Ive just been going through the motions almost and I havent been as concerned with others salvation as much as I should be. I received a very humbling letter from Jane after she worked with me. I have been pondering about what she said to me and I feel like I havent been as good as I should be. Ive really been thinking about how I can be better and really use these last 3 months to focus on others and not be so concerned with myself. Im still trying to figure out how to improve myself and really just focus on those I am serving. I just realized that I am not the best missionary in the world and I need to continue improving and relying on the Lord to know what to say and do. I need to stop relying on myself so much. I just have learned a lot this week. So it was great. Anyway, I guess thats what I learned. Sorry if it doesnt really make sense. People here are going good. Victoria is supposed to get baptized on Saturday but the baptism will not continue. Her boyfriend in Manila is supporting her and her daughter so it is considered a live-in situation even though hes in Manila.... I dont know. Our district leader told us to ask President Lopez because he is the one that will decide what happens. So Im not sure if or when Victoria will get baptized. Im a little sad because she is seriously so prepared to be baptized and yesterday after she found out she couldnt be baptized, she told us that she was so sad and just wants to be baptized. So we will see. We are going to text President Lopez and ask him. We also have some really great new investigators that were able to attend General Conference on Sunday and they said they really liked it! I will probably tell you about them next week though because I dont have much time. Also, last night the office elders called and told me that I had to go to Manila for my visa on Wednesday and that I would get to go to the temple! I got really excited! Then they called again this morning and said that I didnt need to go. So now I dont get to go to Manila or the temple. I will get to go again a month before I go home so I just need to wait until December to be able to go to the temple again! Anyway, I had a great week! I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Sister Remund


We brought a ton of food to conference because it was Sister Maningas year mark!  There was a ton of extra food so we called the elders in to finish it off!

Jane! Yesterday at conference!


The four of us yesterday!




Me and Ivy and Annie

I got to see Jane!!! And it was her birthday so it was even better!



My Zone!

Companions again! Me and Sister Smith!

MTC reunion! Me, Sister Smith, and Sister Piula!
I love Sister Turtal!!!

This is my area right now. Its flooded everywhere. I have to hold up my skirt so it doesnt get wet. There was a typhoon so it flooded everywhere and has been raining everyday for like a week.


No comments:

Post a Comment