Sunday, August 24, 2014

Aug. 24, 2014

I had a great week this week! We have continued to see miracles here in 5th ward and me and Sister Turtal are still having a blast! I have good news too! Rex got baptized! His baptism was on Saturday! I was so happy! We went to him this week and he told us he wasnt going to start working until next week so he could get baptized! We were so excited! He is so great and wanted to get baptized so bad and now he is baptized! It was great. Also, this Saturday is Casandra and Roxans baptism! Im excited for them. They are the cutest little girls in the world. Have I told you about them? Me and Sister Vargas started teaching them on my birthday actually so that was cool. I didnt want to teach them at first because they are children and thats always hard because if their family isnt members, they usually go less active right after baptism. But we started teaching them because their uncle is a member and their cousins are members. It turns out they dont even have any communication with their parents and their aunt and uncle are their guardians. Casandra has never even met her dad. I felt bad for them. But their aunt and uncle are so supportive and great. And they come to church every week and now they are getting baptized on Saturday! Im excited for them. They are just the sweetest. Also, Amy is going on a mission? I didnt know. Where is she going? Also, Kaley Armour got married? To who? I dont know if you forgot, but Im in the Philippines and I dont hear about stuff like this! Yesterday I went on splits with Ivy again. It was really fun. I love Ivy. Im happy you get to see pictures of me on her facebook. Thats really nice of her. I will thank her for you. We started teaching one of Ivys friends, Victoria. Shes great. Her brother is a member. We have been teaching her for a couple weeks now and she is doing great. She wasnt able to come to church yesterday but she committed to come next week so we are excited. Also I have a funny story. On Saturday as we were coming home for the night, Sister Turtal started talking about how September starts this week and how it was the end of August. I forgot what the date was so I just agreed that it was Aug 30 like she said. Well, Sister Turtals year mark is August 29. So thinking it was now Aug 30 I was like, Sister Turtal your year mark was yesterday! So to celebrate, we ran into Robinson quick to eat dinner. I asked her what she wanted and we bought pizza and brought it home and celebrated her year mark. Then Sunday morning, we were sitting in the church and I realized it was really only Aug 24. I told Sister Turtal and we just started laughing because she isnt at one year yet. So we get to celebrate again this week! It was funny. So we celebrated a week early and we will celebrate again this week! And then on Sept 11 we will celebrate our year mark here in Bacolod! So its going to be fun! Also, Sister Vargas is getting married. She just got home two weeks ago. Her boyfriend hasnt proposed yet but they are planning their wedding. Crazy. And Sister Turtal reminded me of being at home for our family prayers this week. As we kneeled down to pray, we both just started laughing. I dont know why. But it was just funny and I just was reminded of my wonderful family at home and how you all always start laughing right before we pray. I dont know it was just funny. Overall it was a good week! I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Sister Remund


Celebration of Sister Turtals year mark a week early. I cant believe we forgot the date and thought it was her year mark. But the pizza was yummy!In one picture, she is like crying or something? I dont know but it was funny.


Brother Rex baptism!




No comments:

Post a Comment