Sunday, April 6, 2014

April 6, 2014

Hello family!

Well I had another great week! Full of miracles and lots of funny experiences. It was great! I love my companion. Sister Batalero is seriously the funniest person Ive ever met. She is always so happy and positive and its great! I love it! She has really helped me a lot this week. Ive been able to learn a lot from her and I love it. Ive especially learned a lot of Ilonggo. Shes not the best at English so we mostly only talk in Ilonggo. That has been quite the change. I went from all American companions who only speak English to me to a Filipino that only speaks Ilonggo to me. But its been really good and my language skills are slowly improving. So its been great! She is really great at telling stories. She keeps me very entertained with the stories she tells me! Its the best. I also really love just working with her. She is so great at finding. Last week right before Sister Smoot got transferred we had to split our area because our branch has elders now. So when Sister Batalero got here we didnt have as many people to visit and I didnt know how we would use our time. It was so great because Sister Batalero just jumped right in and we found so many people this week who are so prepared to hear the gospel! It was a great experience! We have gone back and visited a couple of the people we found and we will return to the others this week. The ones we did go back and visit again were excited to see us again and accepted a baptismal date! It was great! The bad news though, I broke the streak. This coming Saturday will be the first Saturday since I got to Cadiz that we dont have a baptism. We had weekly baptisms planned but we are pushing one back a week and the next weeks baptism decided they dont want to get baptized. It was sad. But their sister is a member and she told us yesterday at church that shes going to keep working on them. We dont really know what happened because they werent ever home so we couldnt talk to them so hopefully they will let us come back. But other than that everything has been great! We had two little girls get baptized on Saturday. One of them was a child of record but the other is a recent convert. They are cousins. They are the cutest little girls ever! It was really funny, when the 8 year old got up to bear her testimony at the end of the baptism, she forgot what she was going to say (because she memorized something with her mom) so in the middle of her testimony she yelled to her mom, "Mom, ano na liwat?" Like asking her mom what she was supposed to say. It was the funniest/ cutest thing ever! They are both really cute. I just love the kids here. They are the best. Well, I hope you all have a great week. I love you all so much!

Sister Remund

This is Sister Fae. She is less active. She lives in one of our farthest areas so its really expensive for her to come to church. She doesnt have hands or feet so its hard for her to walk. It hurts. The area where she lives is all dirt and rocks. Lately, she has been walking to church. She wakes up at 6AM to walk to church. She is so great! 

No comments:

Post a Comment