Sunday, March 30, 2014

March 30, 2014

Hello Everyone!

Well it was another great week here in Cadiz! We continued to see many miracles this week. But Im a little nervous for this week. This morning, Sister Smoot transferred. Now my companion is Sister Batalero. Shes a pinay. But I like her a lot already. We have only been together for an hour now but we have already been getting along great! I think this will be really good. And it will really help my language skills because she said shes not very good at English. She mostly has only talked in Ilonggo to me so far. So I think this will be very good. But Im also a little nervous. Just because I will be leading the area and it might be a little harder to communicate with her but Im really excited. I will be able to learn a lot from her. On Saturday was brother Justines baptism. It was so great! He is great. He has a strong testimony and is going to be great! He also referred his aunt to us and we taught her a couple times this week. She is great too! And she came to church yesterday! We were really excited. Speaking of church yesterday... it was interesting. First, we got two elders in our branch now. They are good but it was a little stressful because we had to split our area. That went well though. But in sacrament, two speakers were members of our branch presidency. It was very interesting. The first one went into a lot of detail describing the movie taken. That was interesting. He literally said everything that happened the whole movie. It was weird. Then he related it by saying that the mom doesnt always know best and sometimes the dad does. So that was weird. Then our branch president talked about kind of the same thing and how we need to be careful with our kids because of all the bad people here. It was very interesting. But yeah. That was church yesterday. Also, there was a guy in our branch who Sister Smoot thought was less active. She had been visiting him a few times before I got transferred here and he had been coming back to church. He was supposed to be returned a few weeks ago. Well, we found out this past week that he was never actually baptized. So he has been to church 7 times now and he will be getting baptized on April 12! The reason it took so long to figure out he wasnt baptized is because he is deaf. So its really hard to talk to him. We tried writing down what we wanted to say but he cant read either. He is 86 years old but he has great faith and really wants to be baptized so we are trying hard to teach him and hopefully he will be able to get baptized! Hes great. We also  saw other great miracles this week but I cant tell you about everything! Im just hoping that great things will continue happening now that Sister Smoot is transferred. Speaking of Sister Smoot, right now her family lives in Highland. Her dad is the hospital administrator up at IHC. She told me to ask if grandma knows him. His name is Steve Smoot. Thats really sad  about Edson. I did know him. He was in a couple of my classes. He was really funny and nice. Thats sad that he died. And I did get my package! It was the best thing ever! I loved it! thank you so much! I loved the jerky. And all the food. I love food. So thank you! Well, I hope you all have a great week! I love you all so much! Continue reading your scriptures! I love you!

Sister Remund

No comments:

Post a Comment