Sunday, March 2, 2014

March 2, 2014

Hello family!

I had such a great week! I got transferred on Tuesday and now I am in Cadiz with Sister Smoot! (not the one whos blog you told me you read. Her cousin.) Its been so great so far! I love it! I am serving in Cadiz 2nd branch and its great. Its only a branch but this area is progressing so well. Yesterday we had 21 investigators at church! (thats why the subject of this email is 21!) So it was great! Seriously though this area is so great. I love it. My area is the farthest north area in this mission so its right on the ocean! Its great. Ive seen the ocean a lot but obviously I havent actually gone to the ocean. But its still great. Its so pretty here! I love it. And there are palm trees everywhere (obviously, they are just everywhere in general) but when the sun goes down I feel like I could be in Hawaii. Its just really pretty. Grandma is lucky thats where she is going! Its really hot here though. This is the hottest its been since I got here. Summer is coming... It makes me a little nervous... Just kidding Im excited for it. This area is just great and I love it! But because its the highest area it was also the most affected by Yolanda. Its mostly back to normal but there are a lot of people here that were really affected by it. But they are all doing good now. Our area is really big too. All our areas are far out and so its hard for a lot of members to come to church because they dont have enough money. Thats why we are a branch not a ward. But its great. I love it here so far. And we have seen so many miracles already! We have a girl in our area who has been taking the lessons for a year but hasnt gotten baptized because she doesnt have any money to come to church and her dad is a drunk and wouldnt let her. Her story is really sad. She practically lives alone all week and on the weekend her dad comes home and just drinks and beats her. Its really sad. But yesterday we were able to find her dad and got his permission for her to get baptized on Saturday! It was so great! So yesterday was just a really great day. So yeah, anyway, Im with Sister Smoot like I said and for real, she looks like Jennifer Lawrence. Its kinda weird how similar they look. Do you remember Kenzie? Ashleys friend from hair school that we would call Katniss? Well Sister Smoot looks more like Katniss than Kenzie does. Its crazy. But cool. Anyway, it was a really good week. Sister Smoot is EXACTLY obedient so we are seeing a lot of miracles. Its crazy how much of a difference it makes when your companion is exactly obedient. Its really cool. Well, overall it was a great week. I love it here in Cadiz and Im really excited to be here! I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Sister Remund

PS. Sorry no pictures. I just dont have any time and it takes a long time. I will try next week. There are some from our baptisms on the facebook page you can look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment