Sunday, February 23, 2014

February 23, 2014

Hows my favorite family in St. George? Sounds like you all had a great week! Thats awesome! I had a great week! I was still in Bacolod 1st ward with Sister Rosdahl and it was great. I loved it and I have learned so much from her. Its very different being companions with a sister training leader but it really is so great. I love it because she is exactly obedient and such a hard worker. Its been really different from my last two companions and I feel like these past two weeks Ive actually been a missionary again. We work hard and really try to help the people here. Its great! I love it! And we had so many miracles this week! It was so great! One thing that happened. We were trying to contact a referral but we had never been to that area before and we didnt know where it was. So we started looking around for his house and we were texting him but we didnt know where to go. We stopped and asked a guy for directions and he was way nice and let us share with him! So we talked to him for a while and he was great! But we were there for a long time and still didnt know where exactly the referrals house was. We also had another appointment that we were going to be late to if we kept looking. We didnt know what to do. We didnt know if we should keep looking for the referral or go to our next appointment. We decided that if a tricycle came around the corner within like 30 seconds, we would go the referrals house. Right then a tricycle came! So we got in and the tricycle took us right to him! It was a miracle! Its kind of hard to explain so hopefully this makes sense but we found him! And he is so great! We just talked to him for a while and turns out he has been to church before! His wife and children are recent converts so he already knows a lot about the church. And he sometimes goes to church with them when he is home because he works away from his family so he lives in our area but his family lives somewhere else. that was the only time we saw him though. Then on Sunday he came to church! It was so great! Its kind of confusing though so hopefully you understand. So it was just a great week! Then on Wednesday we had mission presidents training and it was great. Except I had to teach the whole zone about prophets. I was really nervous. But it went well. And it was in Ilonggo so that made me more nervous. But it was okay. The training was really good too. I learned a lot. Then on Thursday we did exchanges! I was so excited because we did exchanges with Sister Laulu and Sister Yanson so I got to go back to Magsungay! I was with Sister Yanson and it was a great day! I was so happy to get to return to Magsungay. Ive missed it so much. My favorite part though was Sister Jane worked with us all day! I have missed her so much. Shes the best! She came out and worked with us and we just talked about everything. Just like when I was assigned there. It seriously was so great. She understands a lot of what Ive been going through so she was able to help me a lot. I felt really bad though because she told me she was really sad when I transferred. She said the worst part was that I didnt say goodbye. I felt really bad. She said she was at the church when she found out I was transferred and she just walked home and cried. She sang my favorite hymn while she was walking and was just crying the whole way home. Then she got home and prayed and cried even more. I felt really bad. I didnt realize how sad she would be. But I told her I did a similar thing. Mostly it happened on Friday. I was just really sad to leave and so on Friday I just really struggled in the morning while I was studying to not cry. That is what I want to ask advice on now. How do I not get so attached to people? It sounds horrible but really, I get so attached to people and its so hard for me to say goodbye. Sister Rosdahl told me its easier when we dont say goodbye. Just move on. But I want to say goodbye. Especially after what Sister Jane said about how the worst part was that I didnt say goodbye. You all know me though. Ive always been super bad with goodbyes and Im just a cry baby. But how do I love the people but not get to attached? Because I love everyone here but some people I just really love and get too attached. So how do I change that? But other than that it was a great week. And then this morning I got the phone call. I will transfer again tomorrow. Luckily I knew this was going to come so I didnt let myself get to attached to this area. But how do I avoid it in other areas? So tomorrow morning I will transfer. I dont know where Im going yet. I will let you know next week. I kind of just want to get to an area and stay there. These past six weeks Ive been in three areas with three different companions and a lot of exchanges so I feel like I just dont really belong to a certain ward yet. So Im hoping I get to an area and can kind of stay there for a while. I want to stay there but I also dont want to get attached. I dont really know how this will work. We will see. Thats cool that Jake is home! I feel like he left just yesterday. Crazy. Overall it was a great week! I hope you all have a great week! I love you!

Sister Remund

No comments:

Post a Comment