Sunday, April 13, 2014

April 13, 2014

Well I had a great week! I absolutely loved general conference! I learned so much and it was just great. Im really happy I got to watch it this week. I hope you all watched and listened and were able to learn something. So how is your Preach My Gospel studying going? I hope you heard that and applied it. You should study PMG! Its great! I love studying it every morning. I would love if you would share with me what you learn from PMG. That would be great! Conference was just great. I cant decide which talks were my favorite. I just love them all. But I narrowed it down to two from each session. Saturday morning: Jeffrey R Holland of course. And Neil L. Andersen. I really liked both of those. Saturday afternoon: Russell M. Nelson and Robert D. Hales. Sunday morning: Dieter F. Uchtdorf, Gary E. Stevenson, David A. Bednar, and President Monson. I couldnt narrow that one down to two. They were all just so good! Sunday afternoon: L. Tom Perry and Lawrence Corbridge. I liked what Lawrence Corbridge said about the dirt flying around truth. It made me think of Tuesday. Tuesday, me and Sister Batalero had a rough day. No one would listen to us. One of my favorite families confirmed that they dont want to listen to us anymore and everyone we tried to talk to just straight up said no. People in the Philippines usually dont do that. Finally someone let us in their house. We started sharing with them and then the neighbor turned on her radio. It was in Tagolog so I couldnt understand but I could hear them talking about D&C, Joseph Smith, the Book of Mormon, etc. Then Sister Batalero was closing the lesson and was bearing her testimony and just started crying. I figured something wasnt right because she usually doesnt cry. We got out of the lesson and I asked her what happened. Turns out the radio was just bashing our church. Sister Batalero wasnt very happy about that. It didnt help that no one was letting us in that day but the radio just kind of ended it for her. So when Lawrence Corbridge talked about the dirt flying around truth, I couldnt help but think about all the dirt flying around us that day. Even though what we are saying it true, no one wanted it. But after that day things got better. I think my two favorite talks though were Robert D. Hales on obedience and Dieter F. Uchtdorf on being thankful in things. I really liked the obedience. It reminded me of a training president gave us a while ago on obedience. A lot of times we talk about how obedience brings blessings. No one ever really talks about the other side of obedience though. In 2 Nephi 2:27 it talks about if we aren't obedient. I think if we were to understand more what will happen if we arent obedient, we would all try a lot harder to be obedient. We have to think about the consequences of our actions. When we were baptized, we promised that we would be obedient to ALL the commandments, not just some. There is no such thing as a little commandment. I used to view the word of wisdom and law of chastity as really big commandments. And yes they are. But its just as important to keep the other commandments as well. The other commandments including reading our scriptures daily, personally and as a family, praying daily, following the prophet, including all the current revelations he has received for us, paying tithing, fasting, etc. I used to view these more as little commandments but Ive realized that they are just as important. Also, keeping the sabbath day holy, like maybe writing a letter to your favorite daughter who is serving a mission in the Philippines... just an idea. It is so important that we are exactly obedient to all the commandments. I hope you all will try hard to keep all the commandments. Because what will happen if you dont? I want to be with you all forever so you better keep all the commandments. The three main things I learned from conference though are 1. Be more obedient. 2. Be thankful in things. 3. Have charity towards everyone and serve them. Overall I just really loved conference. One of my favorite parts though was when the little girl sitting next to me started singing. Guess what song she sang? BANANAAAAA!!!! It was the best thing ever. I started laughing. Also, guess what? Im getting married this week. Hahaha. We have an investigator who is 82 years old. His name is Sergio. His wife died last year and hes been looking for a wife since then. Me and Sister Smoot started teaching him. The problem is, hes going deaf because hes so old. So while we are teaching him, we literally have to yell at him. Its really funny. But lately all he can talk about is how much he loves me and wants to get married. His baptism is Saturday. He wants us to get married the day of his baptism. Yesterday he officially asked me though and he even bought coke and crackers to celebrate. It was really funny. Obviously I didnt say yes but I just thought it was funny. So maybe next week when I email I will be married. Haha just kidding. It was very interesting though. Sister Batalero was dying. Overall it was a great week! Thank you for all the support! I love you all so much!

Sister Remund

Me and Brother Sergio. The man who wants to marry me the day of his baptism.

Me, Sister Batalero, and Nichole Corro. Shes the best. I really like her.

Me and a little boy on the beach!

1 comment:

  1. These stories make me so happy. You have grown so much Kenna I can tell just by reading. You have always been spiritually very mature but it's the depth that is so apparent now. I'm so proud of you. We all are. The boys pray for McKenna each and every night. We thank you for blessing the lives of our brothers and sisters on the other side of the world.

    ReplyDelete