Sunday, September 15, 2013

First REAL missionary email! From Silay, Philippines.

Hello Family!!

Holy cow the Philippines is crazy! But its so great! I cant remember if I told you about their driving, but mom you would die here. Literally the only rule is if you are in a spot on the road, that's your spot and if no one is in a spot next to you, then you can go there. They will just drive up the middle of the road and swerve around everyone. At first it was so scary but now I'm used to it and think its great. My companion is Sister Nielsen and she is from Mesa Arizona. She knows Sister Evans brother! And Sister Evans is in my district! Its great! I love getting to see her around sometimes. Right now I am in Silay East and its great! I love it! But it also stinks because they just split my area so me and Sister Nielsen are new to the area. Neither of us know where anything is. We have two other sisters in our ward and they have helped a little but mostly all we have been doing the past few days is walk around and try and figure out where everything is. We finally started finding our way around in a couple parts of our area, and then the Bishop split the area a different way because he thought it wasn't fair to the other sisters so now we are pretty much starting over again. The only people we knew in our area are in the area we lost. Its great. But luckily the ward has been helping. Last night two members came around with us and showed us where a lot of things are. Also we have no progressing investigators. The other sisters had focused more on other areas before we got here so there aren't any progressing investigators which makes it even harder to find things to fill our time with. Everyone in our area in less actives pretty much or a recent convert. But the recent converts don't come to church either. We have a lot of work to do. Really all we have done is go around and try and find the less actives and try to get them to come back to church. But it will be great! Sorry I'm not sending any pictures home this week, I forgot my cord. And I don't have a lot of pictures from the Philippines. I have a lot from the MTC and traveling, but not here. President Lopez has a rule where we cant take our camera with us. He doesn't want us to look like tourists so we cant really take any pictures. It stinks because we will be walking around and I see something really cool and want to take a pictures, but I cant. I just wish that someone could follow me around and video everything that happens because its all so cool! Its funny because we will be walking around and everyone will just stop and stare at us. Most of them are really nice though so they will smile and wave. Its great! And I am really tall. A lot of people have commented on that. The other day three little girls were following us around. They were so cute! I wanted to take a picture of them really bad but of course I couldn't! But its okay. I will get some pictures eventually. On music, we are only allowed to listen to hymns. So I don't know what CDs I have that I can listen to. Its funny because the people in my ward think I am famous. I had one member tell me I look like Taylor Swift (what?) and some others though I was in the Harry Potter movies. And another thought I was a Hollywood star. Its great. So far the food is amazing! I haven't tried much because mostly we eat in our apartment and neither of us know how to cook their food but from what I've tried its great! Also HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!  On Friday that is, sorry its a couple days late. Also small packages and letters only take like two weeks to get here! So you should for sure send me letters! And also I need a couple things... I need more pictures of the family! And friends! Since I sent the digital one home I only have like two pictures of our family and none of my friends. So send some of those. I also need a little hymn book. We sing a lot and I don't have one so its hard. I think that's all. For now. We will see. But everything is going great! I love it and its all great! I will try to remember my cord next week to send pictures! I love you and cant wait to hear from you!

Sister Remund


No comments:

Post a Comment