Sunday, December 21, 2014

Maayong Paskwa!!

Hello my wonderful family!!! Can you believe it? Its Christmas this week!!! Merry Christmas to you all!!! I love you all so much and am so grateful for a wonderful family! It sounds like you all had a great week and are looking forward to a great Christmas! Dad, in answer to your question, Im not sure if I will be able to skype. Me and Sister Oquias REALLY want to but the internet shops here arent very good and they dont have many webcams. But we found one that we are going to try and if that doesnt work, President gave us permission to give you our phone number and you call us so that we dont have to pay. But we will find out on Christmas. We are thinking about calling in the morning though. I think the computer shop opens at 9 but we will see. Im not sure what time that is there but probably 9am here so.. yeah. Anyway, enough about that! I had a great week! I love Sister Oquias! She is the best! We have had a great week! There are some great people here! I also got my official welcome to Pulupandan 2 ward.. Sister Oquias played a joke on me with the members. It was not funny. She told me about two investigators we have and they are members of Iglesia ni Cristo. That is a church that is only in Asian countries. I will tell you how it started. A member of the church wanted to be prophet so when he wasnt the prophet, he got mad and started his own church which is practically the same as ours but he was the prophet. It has a lot of the same principles and the members are the hardest to teach because they just like to debate and wont even really listen to us. Well, Sister Oquias told me we have two investigators that are Iglesia ni Cristo. So she was preparing me and making me nervous to teach them. I wasnt really nervous, she was just trying to make me nervous. So we taught them and things were okay, they just asked a ton of questions. But they asked some hard questions that I was supposed to answer the next lesson. Well then, yesterday, we go to church, and these "two investigators" are there. They arent even investigators! They are both return missionaries and one of them is our ward mission leader! He is also a former bishop! Then the whole ward was laughing at me because I really thought they were investigators. So it was great. They whole ward is just laughing at me now. But other than that the week was great! We have some really great people in this area! We also will have a baptism on Christmas! Im really excited! Her name is Leah Mae. She is so great! She is 12 years old and is so smart though! Shes great! Shes really excited to get baptized! We also have some other investigators that came to church yesterday but right now we are still trying to work with their parents. But we have some really great members as well! Overall, this week was great! I learned a lot! Im reading from Isaiah chapters in Book of Mormon right now and its really cool how much Im learning. I really like it! Anyway, I love you all! I will talk to you in a couple days!!! Im so excited!!!! This Christmas will be the best Christmas ever!! Have a great week! I love you!!!

Sister Remund

Me and Jelay! Shes a member here.


There are some cool Christmas lights and trees here!

Haha STL here is for the lottery but for us its Sister Training Leader! So we took a picture. Its funny!

We have a coconut tree in our backyard so we had a member come climb it for us and get the coconuts for us! Then we made a dessert! It was really yummy!

Me and Sister Oquias!

Me and Sister Oquias first Monday together in the computer shop!

Our chapel!

No comments:

Post a Comment