Sunday, July 20, 2014

July 20, 2014

Hello Family!

I had a pretty good week this week. Some pretty cool things happened. Last Monday, right after I finished emailing and while I was waiting for Sister Vargas, I saw a guy and he was American. He started talking to me and hes from New York. He has been living here for 6 years working and teaching. All he knows how to say in Ilonggo is how to ask for a glass of cold water. It was really weird talking to him actually because I realized how different English is here and in America. But I realized how blessed I am (and the other missionaries) because of the gift of tongues. He has lived here 6 years and cant talk to anyone unless they speak English. Ive been here 10 months and I can talk to almost anyone. It was cool. Also we had a family home evening at the Desaldes family home. It was a lot of fun. I will send you a picture. They are members in our ward but recent converts live near by and less active members and investigators so it was a lot of fun. We also have some really good investigators. I dont think Ive told you about them. Nelia is great. Shes been an investigator for a long time. She hasnt been baptized because she said she was waiting for something. But this week she committed to be baptized! Shes doing really well and I think shes finally realizing that this church is true. Its great. Her son is the one that got baptized my first week here in 5th ward. We also found Aaron and his friends this week. They are 6 guys who are great. They are really interested and have some great questions. They really have a great desire to know the truth. I think they will progress well. Also, did I tell you about Angelina? She the mother of a member who was baptized a few years ago and also a recent convert. I dont know why she has never taught before but now she is letting us teach her and she is progressing well. She has come to church two weeks now and is going to be baptized in August! Im excited. Her daughter, Queenie, who has been a member for a few years is really excited. Its great! So everything is going great here! I feel like I had another thing to tell you but I dont remember. Tomorrow I have mission presidents training. Im super excited! I love trainings with president! Its gonna be great! My hair has also faded a ton. It looks a lot like it did before I left on my mission. A lot of the tops of my shirts got dyed pink because the red came out when I would wash my hair. Its funny. So now its more brown. Its good. I hope you all have a great week! I love you all so much!!!!

Sister Remund

Our family home evening. This picture was a week ago so my hair still looks dark but its lighter.

This is the view from a members house.

No comments:

Post a Comment