Sunday, September 7, 2014

Merry Christmas!!!

Hello my wonderful family and Merry Christmas!!!!

Yes it is now September and that means its now Christmas in the Philippines! Last Monday I saw Christmas decorations in Robinsons and me and Sister Turtal are singing Christmas songs as our hymn to start our companion study in the morning. Its great! I love Christmas! This week was really great! A lot of great things happened! So on Wednesday I went on exchanges with Sister Becerra. She is one of my favorite people. Her dad was Jamis mission president and now hes a general authority. But shes awesome! I learned so much from her and it was just a really uplifting day. She taught me a lot. Also, we had the best lesson Ive ever had. It was the coolest thing ever. We taught a girl named Victoria. I havent told you about her but she was a referral from a member but we havent been able to teach her much. I taught her once with Sister Vargas, and then once with Sister Turtal like a month ago. So all we had talked about was the restoration. Well me and Sister Becerra taught her and she didnt really remember much about Joseph Smith so we just kind of reviewed it and had her pray right then to ask if he was a true prophet. It was one of the most sincere prayers I have ever heard. The spirit was so strong. It was like the sunrise. You know how people compare it to that sometimes? Just throughout her prayer, the spirit just came in and it was so strong. That was probably the strongest Ive felt the spirit on my mission, maybe in my life. It was the coolest thing. She said the closing prayer and then Sister Becerra had me bear my testimony on the restoration and I just knew exactly what I needed to say. It wasnt long or in depth, just very short and brief but I know thats what Victoria needed to hear. Then Sister Becerra said she was going to bear her testimony but the spirit said no. The spirit told us to leave. So we stood up and left. When me and Sister Turtal went back, Victoria said she just felt something. She couldnt even really describe it but she just said it filled her whole body. It was the coolest thing. I cant even describe it. I wish you could have been there and felt the spirit that was in the room. It was undeniable. Victoria knows this is true. I just loved going on exchanges with Sister Becerra. She is a great missionary and she just lifted me up. And after that we found a place that sells frozen yogurt so you know we were super happy and ate there. Its the first time Ive seen frozen yogurt here. And we ate cheesecake. It was a really great find. Also this week we started teaching Angelinas husband. Im excited! Pretty soon their whole family will be members and they will go to the temple! Sister Angelina was so excited that we taught him. We also started teaching their neighbor. His name is Raymund. They all laughed because its close to my name. About Aaron, he still has his word of wisdom problems but he came to church yesterday and he is still reading the Book of Mormon! Someday he will overcome his word of wisdom problems. We were sad because his rabies shot is done so he drank alcohol again this week. We will keep working on that! Also I found a video on my last memory card of a family home evening my first night here in 5th ward with Sister Vargas! So I didnt loose everything! I was really happy. And me and Sister Turtal took pictures every day this week because I have a lot of pictures to make up for. So it was a great week! I love you all! Have a great week!

Sister Remund


Me and Sister Turtal in a tricycle.


We ate ice cream cake! Just for fun. To celebrate. I dont know what we were celebrating though. Sister Turtals one year again? It was yummy.






Frozen yogurt!! We almost died when we saw this sign!

The cheese cake and frozen yogurt. I was really happy.



The Aguado family. They are really nice. They gave us cupcakes and cake because it was their granddaughters birthday.







I love puppies. This is the Descotido family! They are really nice. The mom is less active.




This picture also describes Sister Turtal. She loves to hug everyone and put her arms around everyone.


This is what happens when it rains in the Philippines! Flood! Its always flooded.

This is just a really cool place. It didnt look cool though because it was low tide so the water is way back. But its still cool. Those two kids are the children of a less active member.





No comments:

Post a Comment