Sunday, May 4, 2014

May 4, 2014

Well I had a great week! Its was really good! It started on Monday. Monday night we had presidents training and it was so good! I really learned a lot. It was good. Then on Tuesday I had an interview with President. It was good too. I was able to ask him a lot of questions and I really liked it. It was also a little rough though because I got sick... So that wasnt very good. When we got home from Bacolod on Tuesday I was not doing good so I slept the whole day. Well, kind of. I kept waking up because I was coughing like crazy but it was okay. Dont worry, Im feeling better now. Then on Wednesday morning we had our national day of service. That was fun. We planted trees! Dad, no I wasnt bare foot the whole time, we took our shoes off to cross the river but then they put bamboo down for us to cross on so I put my shoes right back on. I was a little sad because I still wasnt feeling well so I couldnt participate as much as I wanted but it was okay. I started feeling better after that so we were still able to go out and work. Then the rest of the week went good. On Saturday was Brother and Sister Abieras baptism! It was the best thing. I have seen the biggest change in Brother and I love it! Their family is just great. They all read the Book of Mormon everyday and that is why I have seen such a big change in them. Once they started reading, they just changed. They really started to gain a testimony and its great! After the baptism, they always bear their testimony. So when brother bore his testimony, he started crying. It was so sweet and the spirit was so strong. When we visited them yesterday, his family was kind of joking around with him about it. Sister Abiera said that is the first time she has seen him cry the whole time they have been married. Which is a long time. Brother didnt even care though, he just said he felt the spirit. It was the coolest thing. I loved it! And it was while I was at the church brother Clove came! It was nice to meet him. He was telling me about Katelyn! His niece that Im friends with. He told me about how her apartment burned down the day before Christmas! She lost everything. I felt bad. But he said shes doing good so thats good! So it was a good week. Also, something really sad happened this week. We found out on Wednesday that one of our investigators hung himself. It was really sad. He was supposed to get baptized on May 31. He was 54 years old and his wife was going to get baptized this Saturday. He had a stroke 8 years ago and hasnt been able to talk since then and its really hard for him to walk. I think his family has been really hard on him. So he killed himself. It made me realize how we dont know what anyone else is going through and how we need to make sure we are always nice to people and treating them the way we would want to be treated. Because we never know when they will die or what will happen. So we need to treat others so that we will have no regrets and make sure they always know how much we love them. The family seems to be doing better now though. But it was sad. But other than that it was a great week! Glad to hear you all had a great week too! I love you all so much! Im so excited to get to talk to you next week! Have a great week!

Sister Remund

No comments:

Post a Comment