Sunday, January 26, 2014

January 26, 2014 - Attitude

Hello Family!!

Well I had an interesting week. It started horrible. But it ended pretty good. Ill start from the beginning. Monday through Wednesday was the hardest days Ive had in a long time. As in last week but even worse. I had completely lost all desire to do anything. It sounds horrible and Im ashamed to say that but its true. I was just in a terrible mood and I didnt want to change anything. So it was not good. But luckily I have a great sister training leader, Sister Hogge, and she would come out at night and talk to me and help me. So on Thursday morning she talked to me about attitude. She was kind of blunt with me that I didnt have a great attitude. (which thats embarrassing, she could tell that I wasnt doing to great.) She told me that it didnt matter how bad my situation was, I could choose to be happy. So finally something clicked. After talking to her Thursday morning, I decided I wanted to be happy again. And it worked! Literally I had some of the best days. Me and Sister De Castro still didnt get along great, but we were able to bring the spirit in the lessons and we were getting along better than last week. I didnt realized before how much attitude can change things. Just by decided to be happy my week changed dramatically. Me and Sister De Castro are actually doing good now. These past two nights we have been joking around with each other. Communication is still tough because she doesnt understand English very well but its going okay. She is speaking Ilonggo again for the most part. She still speaks a little in Cebuano but mostly its Ilonggo. So thats better. I can usually understand what she says now. So its good. But of course, since everything started going good, something had to change. So last night I was really sad. Well, I tried to stay positive but it was hard. We got a call from the assistants last night. Im getting transferred. I will leave Silay tomorrow morning. I dont know where Im going yet but I wont be in Silay anymore. Also Sister Evans is getting transferred too. She was in Silay West ward. We were in the MTC together. So we are both sad because we both just barely started leading the area and we love it here so much and now we are leaving. But it will be good. Im trying to stay positive. Hopefully my next area will be as good as Silay. But Im sad because a lot of the people who we are teaching are going to get baptized soon and I wont be here. So it will be sad. But its okay. So yeah, that was my week. Also, I forgot, on Saturday Dixon Baquia got baptized! So that was great! But then he didnt show up for church so he hasnt gotten confirmed yet. So that stinks. Also this week I got to cook a pig! Dont worry, I took a picture and will be sending it later. Overall it was a good week. I learned a very valuable lesson that hopefully I dont forget anytime soon. My new goal is to be happy! Even when its hard. So yeah. Anyway, your new car is so nice! It looks like Kellis car. Thats awesome! And it looks like you had a blast in South Carolina! The boys are getting so big! McCoy looks like hes grown a foot since I last saw him! Wow! Its crazy! But it sounds like you all had a great week! I hope you have a great week and next week I will tell you my new area! Also, I knew Sister De Castro likes me now because last night she almost started crying when we found out I was transferring. I think its mostly because she doesnt want to lead the area since shes only been here two weeks but... Ill pretend its because she likes me. So yeah. I love you all! Have a great week!

Sister Remund
Dixons baptism on Saturday!


I know. Im gwapa. Haha just kidding. (gwapa is beautiful.)



Last night when we got the call, me and Sister De Castro realized we didnt have a picture together. So we took one quick.

This is my favorite little girl. Mary Grace. When we go visit them, she does my hair. Not like the other pictures, but she just plays with it. She is the cutest little girl in the world and I will miss her so much.

Us and Nita (the old lady) and Angel. Angel is Abegails sister, the one who got baptized on Dec 6. She is less active. But she will be returned soon. The only reason she was less active was because she was working in Bacolod but now she quit her job. Nita is our stake presidents wifes mom. She took the lessons a long time ago but wouldnt get baptized. We just recently started teaching her again.

Me and the pig! They let me turn the bamboo it was on. It was so cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment