Monday, November 18, 2013

November 18, 2013

Hello Family!!!

Wow I had a great week! And a great week will be coming! Well there was some rough spots this week... but overall it was a great week. On  Monday we found out that Sister Martinez was transferring. That was sad. She has lived next door to me since I got here so it was sad saying goodbye. She goes home right before Thanksgiving so I wont see her again. Then Sister Bendoy moved in next door. She got there on Tuesday. She was a lot of fun! Her first area on her mission was my area so she was able to help us out with some of the people. (I dont think this next part should go on the blog) Then on Friday she found out her parents and either one or three siblings died in the typhoon. It was really sad. So she left Sunday morning. Since she only had three weeks left in her mission she just went home. It was really sad. So on Saturday we did exchanges so she could go in our area. So I went with Sister Portugal in their area. It was a lot of fun! Their area in on the beach! So I got to go to the beach this weekend. But no, its not like the beach anywhere else. Its really gross. Its just all trash. But it was still cool. Everyone has been so great in helping each other build new houses and clean up from the storm. Its great seeing how much everyone is helping. And clearly it helped us a lot because we have had more people at church these last two weeks then we ever have. So many less active members that we havent been able to get to come are coming now. Its so great! And this week is going to be great too because guess what? Kynan is getting baptized this week!!! Im so excited for him!! He will be my first baptism! And its great because Im the one that started teaching him! Ive seen him completely change and its been awesome! He is still talking about serving a mission so we are really excited for him and he is going to do great things. Hes 16 right now and so by the time he can leave on his mission he will be so great. I cant wait for him. Thats so cool that everyone back home has been helping so much! We got new missionaries in yesterday but we havent met anyone yet. Sister Portugal will be getting one of them so I will meet her tomorrow. We heard about the 8 or 10 sisters though and I cant believe it. Wow it sounds awful there. Its much worse there than it is here. I feel so bad for everyone there and for all that have been affected. Its crazy how bad it is there. I wish I could do more to help. So thank everyone there for me for all they have done to help the people here! Also I saw something that Sister Dixons parents did for her that I want. They made her a calender! With pictures of her family! And everyones birthdays on it! I want that! So can you maybe make me one? That would be cool. Because I dont know anyones birthday except family. Also guess what I can do? At Mang Inasal, I can eat 5 cups of rice! Everyone thinks Im pretty cool. But thats my record so far. Maybe I will try and get 6 next time. Also Kam, do you know the song 4 minutes? Its at the end of a movie and I remember us singing and dancing to it during the credits but I cant remember the movie! And the song plays here all the time and every time I hear it I die because I cant remember the movie. So you should look it up and tell me. Also mom, I do know Elder Stagg! He is from Sister Nielsens batch! Ive heard a lot about him. Thats so funny that you met his dad! Sounds like Kam and Hallie had fun weeks. Hallie Im glad you are going to be on coach Jensens team! You will have so much fun and learn a ton! Im so excited for you! Also guess what? I get to see you all in 5 weeks! On skype! Pretty crazy. I cant believe Christmas is so close. It feels like summer here so I always forget Christmas and Thanksgiving are so close. But thanks for all the email this week! I love hearing from you and whats going on in St. George! I love you so much and cant wait to hear from you again!

Sister Remund
Waiting out the Typhoon in our apartment.

Let the clean up begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment