Thursday, August 29, 2013

August 29, 2013. 1 Down, 17 To Go!

Maayong udto!
Have I really already been here for a month? Crazy! Time at the MTC is really weird. I feel like I havent been gone very long but I also feel like I have been gone forever! Weird. But I had a pretty good week this week! I came to the MTC at the perfect time. We have had such great speakers! On Sunday for relief society, we heard from Carol F. McConkie who is in the young womens general presidency! So cool! A couple things she said that I really liked, she talked about Matthew 14: 25-31. She compared leaving the MTC to stepping out of the side of the boat. Just focus on the Savior and we will be fine! Also she talked about how missionary work is hard. She said how can it be easy for us, when it wasnt easy for the Savior? Missionary work is hard but its so worth it! Then on Sunday night we heard from Stephen B. Allen who is the managing director of the missionary department. It was cool hearing from him too. Then on Tuesday night, the speaker for our devotional was Neil L. Andersen! So cool! He talked about sacrifice and love. He said we sacrifice for the things we love, and we love the things we sacrifice for. Its so true! After the devotional was over, we went to leave but they wouldnt let us because it was really stormy outside. When they finally let us leave, we started walking back and got soaking wet! We were just getting ready for the next 17 months. The only difference is we will be hot, not cold. It was great though. I loved it.
This week three of the district in my zone left. They are serving in Cebu. It was sad seeing all of them leave but it was also great because they are finally leaving! One elder had to stay though because he had to have surgery. His name is Elder Orr. He is in my district now. He is from Alberta Canada! But from a different area then Justin. I thought that was pretty cool though. One thing that I did this week was memorize the first vision in Hiligaynon! It was so cool finally getting it down! Good thing I am good at memorizing, Sister Smith is having a hard time doing it. And Sister Smith has been sick. She throws up almost every morning. She isnt sick, she just cant really handle the food here. Its hard because we sometimes miss things because she is in the bathroom. Hopefully she will figure it out though. On Sunday we had to teach our district meeting. We taught about the atonement. It went really well! I was kind of scared to teach but it went really good! Also how is Kam and Hallie? Hopefully they are doing better. I felt bad I wasnt there for them. Also one thing I have been forgetting to tell you is my first week here, my alarm clock broke. I might have dropped it from the top bunk. But I bought a new one today so its okay. I will get to be a host next week so I am really excited for that! It will be a lot of fun! We havent gotten revenge yet on the other district. I think my roommates have forgotten about it. Im glad you are driving my car though! I love that mittens was sleeping on it! So funny! I have had a lot of repeats on the meals but thats okay. I still love the food. I think its great! Also no one try to see me at the temple. It is a big rule here. We would loose our temple walks. And no letter from Taylor or Ryanne? I wrote them and neither of them wrote me back! Mean. Did Ryanne even get my letter?
Yesterday was a really good day. Sister McDonald stayed after class to help us. It really helped me. Then she ate lunch with us! Holy cow, she is the smallest person I know but she can eat more than anyone. She ate more than all the elders. She eats more than Laura and she is smaller than Laura! I thought that no one could eat more than Laura but she proved me wrong! Crazy. But then after lunch she helped us more and she said she would help me practice forming sentences tomorrow. Shes awesome!
The other night, Sister Evans was leaning over the side of the bed. She is on the top bunk. We were sitting there right before we went to bed and she started slipping. She started sliding down the latter face first. Then she couldnt hold on any more and fell face first on the floor! It was the funniest thing ever! We were laughing so hard. And it didnt really hurt her so she was laughing too. It was great! Last night at gym, me and Sister Masse played basketball. Sister Masse doesnt like basketball but she played with me anyway. I told her she didnt have to but she did. We talked the whole time. She told me more about her and I told her about me. It was awesome! We talked about our families and what has been going on with them lately. It was nice to talk about everything that has been going on. She is a great friend. The more I get to know her, the more she reminds me of Ryanne. Its so funny how much they have in common but also how different they are! Its great. I like talking to her. I love that Hallie sleeps with my letters right next to her bed. Thats awesome! I do the same thing! All the letters I get in a week go right next to my bed and every Thursday I put them away and start a new pile. Its great. But anyway, I have been on the computer for too long now so I need to go. I love you all and miss you so much! I cant wait to hear from you! Palangga ko kamo!

Sister Remund
Me and Sister Riley.
I wrote on the board that I was Sister Masses favorite. I mean Sister Masse wrote that. Everyone agreed.

Us playing in the rain the first time it rained. We are kind of excited for the rain for the next 17 months.

Us with toy guns that Sister Smiths dad sent her.

Our district after walking in the rain.

Us right before going to gym. Our favorite time of the day.
Me and Sister Smith. We were opposites that day.
We said a prayer as a zone before all the Cebuano districts left.

No comments:

Post a Comment