Monday, October 21, 2013

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Hello Family!!!
Birthdays are a really big deal in the Philippines!
Wow I had a crazy week!! It was great! Yes I did feel the earthquake and I will talk about that more in a bit. To start the week, we did exchanges! It was great! Our sister training leaders live right next door to us so it was really easy. On Monday night at the end of the day we just walked over and switched. I stayed in our area with Sister Maloata. It was weird. I had to lead the area and plan for who all we could visit. But luckily everything went great. We met with almost everyone we needed to (we ran out of time because we had to come in early for the zone conference on Wednesday). But Tuesday morning while we were having personal study is when the earthquake was. When Im studying, I always bounce my leg. So we were sitting there and I was bouncing my leg when I started feeling the table shake. I thought it was from my leg and I was just like "wow Im bouncing my leg really hard." Then Sister Maloata was like, "Do you feel that?" So I stopped bouncing my leg and we realized it was an earthquake! It lasted for a while and started getting worse so the other sisters ran outside. They called in to us and were like "Sisters come outside! Its an earthquake!" Then we went outside and it lasted a little longer but then it stopped. It was actually a lot of fun! It felt like being on a boat. One of the members of our ward told us it was a 3.0 where we are. It was so cool! And then later during the day when we were in the members home we felt the after quake. It was a lot of fun! No damage anywhere here though. I felt like I was back on the cruise on the night it was really stormy, except a little more shakey. Obviously. It was a lot of fun though! Anyway, then that night we changed back and so Im back with Sister Nielsen, for now. Exchanges are this week so we will find out either today or tomorrow if one of us is getting transferred. So next week I might be in a new area with a new companion or same area different companion or everything could be the same! We shall see. But then on Wednesdaywas the Mission Tour with Elder and Sister Nielson. It was great! They are so great and I learned a ton! Did you see the pictures on Facebook? President Lopez said he would post them all on there. So check them out! It was a great experience and now I cant wait for November 2 for Neil L. Anderson! Its gonna be great! After Wednesday it was a pretty normal week but still great! We went over to Bishops house last night as kind of a going away party for Sister Molina. She goes hometomorrow. It was a lot of fun though! We have a new investigator named Kynan. We started teaching him on Tuesday and he is so great! We taught him the restoration on Tuesday and since he lives far out we werent able to visit him until Saturday but when we went out there, he had started reading the Book of Mormon and read the pamphlet and everything. He was already really interested before we started teaching him because his friend is a member and he is doing great! He even talked about serving a mission! Hes 16 right now so he still has a few years. Hes great! He came to church yesterday and participated in the lessons! Its great! But pretty much all our other investigators didnt come to church so we have to reschedule all of their baptisms... That stinks. But its okay. Thats what happens. So we will keep working with them! Sounds like you had fun in California! Thats funny that the ward you went to was all Spanish! Thats awesome! So you probably felt like I do here. Didnt really understand anything that was going on... Just kidding Im starting to understand! I actually understood most of what was talked about this Sunday! It was great! But other than that I had a pretty normal week. Um... I think you should put some oreos in my package though... Me and Sister Nielsen eat a lot of oreos. And maybe goldfish. Sister Nielsen ate all the goldfish I brought with me and now I really want goldfish. Other than that anything you want to send me I would be great with! Pretty much I love food so I would be great with some snacks. And dont forget the pictures! And I cant think of anything else right now so if I need anything else I will tell you next week to send in my Christmas package! Actually can you send me some bobby pins? I havent seen any here so maybe send a couple of those. I dont really ever use them but I think I will need some. But anyway I love you and miss you and cant wait to hear from you again!

Sister Remund




Taking part in a family home evening in the Silay East Ward



No comments:

Post a Comment